Rocky Road Recipe
This is a ‘no bake’ recipe, you’ll need to let it set for 2 hours in the fridge so a little patience is all that’s required!
Please add in at the bottom: These rocky roads will last up to 7 days stored in an airtight container, keep them cool otherwise they’ll be very messy to eat, we recommend keeping them in the fridge.
250g Dark chocolate 70%
120g Unsalted butter
100g Mini marshmallows
200g Choc chip cookies
Icing sugar for dusting
150ml Hot water
Prepared rocky road
Crème fraiche (for serving, 1 tbsp per person)
1 Lemon (for serving)
Mixing bowl (heat proof)
Baking tin approx. 7x7 inches (or any suitable serving bowl)
(25 minutes working time, 2 hours to set)
- Cube the butter and add to a mixing bowl, break in the chocolate. Now melt the chocolate and butter in over simmering water in a saucepan, ensuring the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water, stir intermittently, and put to one side.
- While the chocolate mixtures is cooling, in a separate bowl make a sugar syrup. Add the sugar and hot water into a bowl, stir until the sugar is dissolved and then mix into the chocolate. Allow the chocolate and sugar mixture to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Break the cookies into pieces, this can be whatever size you like but we’d recommend them to not be too big. Once done, add them to the chocolate mix, along with the raisins and marshmallows and mix well.
- Line the baking tin (or serving bowl) with cling film, ensuring to cover the sides too and pour in the rocky road mix, even it out and then place into the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- Once cooled and set, turn out and cut into nice bite sized pieces.
- To serve we would recommend placing the rocky road on a chopping board and serving with a zesty crème fraiche ‘dip’. Put the crème fraiche in a bowl (you’ll need about 1 tbsp per person) and grate in the zest of half a lemon, or as much as you wish, depending on how zesty you’d like it.